Monday 2 June 2014

Song #9 Prefab Sprout

I spend some time sparked out on new meds and the next thing you know is that the computer hasn't been on for days... Various contraptions that play music have been on however, helping me through the oblivion and pain.



Everyone falls in love at some time or another, unless they're a functioning psychopath or similar, and love makes you do strange things. I've fallen in love, plummeted into love, on 3 occasions, and there have always been storms and misery as well as the joyous bits and pieces. This song reminds me of the second great amour, this red-headed wonder I met while pretending to study for a degree. We danced around one another, we spent time behind closed curtains, we argued and drank a lot, she had a boyfriend who lived 150 miles away. I spent some of the most wonderful hours, nights, weeks with her.

And then it was over. She went away on a drizzly August afternoon. And this song has her in it

When Love Breaks Down

No comments:

Post a Comment